To strengthen the engineering research in fields as: Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) and Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI) based neurorehabilitation, Optimal design of electromagnetic devices, Electromechanical systems control, Functional and technological design and manufacturing of knitted products, as well as to enhance the technological transfer process towards industry of the research outcomes.
2. Field of activity
- FES & BCI based control in neuroprostheses field; embedded systems for neurorehabilitation;
- Electromechanical systems with improved performances (servos, field oriented control in electrical actuation systems, power electronics);
- Real time control for hybrid vehicles and industrial robots;
- Electromagnetic systems based on permanent magnets and ferrofluids;
- Functional and technological design of knitted products.