Professor in Artificial Intelligence
The research centre conducts fundamental machine learning research, including development of novel theory and methods. The emphasis will be on machines that explore, experiment and learn; deep information understanding and reasoning; as well as natural language communication. Within these strategic research areas, CAIR researchers head or contribute to a number of research projects, funded by the Research Council of Norway and EU research programmes.
The responsibilities of the open professor position include: a) research and PhD/master’s student supervision in the area of machine learning, and b) teaching on artificial intelligence (theory, algorithms and implementation) at the bachelor’s, master’s and PhD level. Previous experience in teaching English-taught graduate master’s programmes in ICT will also be a plus for this position.
The successful applicant will need to have:
- A PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering/Computer Science (or similar in the area of ICT). A PhD in Mathematics is also welcome as long as the area of research of the candidate intersects sufficiently with the relevant research areas for this position
The successful candidate must at least have competence in three of the following areas of research:
- Deep learning, including recurrent- and convolutional neural networks
- Reinforcement learning
- Bandit algorithms, including game theory and decentralized decision making
- Bayesian learning and probabilistic reasoning
- Stochastic optimization
- Natural language processing