Main research fields by the thematic programs of the ELTE Doctoral School of Earth Sciences:
- Geography (Physical Geography, Geomorphology, Environmental and Landscape Geography, Geography of Hungary and Central&Eastern Europe, Carpathian Basin, Human Geography, History of Geography, Ethnical Geography, Regional Science, Regional Planning, Urban Studies, Geoinformatics in Geography and Spatial Research)
- Meteorology (Dynamic and Synoptic Meteorology, Boundary Layer Meteorology, Climatology, Climate Modelling, Agroclimatology, Statistical Climatology)
- Geology and Geophysics (Physical and Applied Geology, Hidrogeology, Urban Geology, Petrology, Geochemistry, Mineralogy, Lithology, Paleontology, Volcanology, Sedimentology, Geophysics, Space Science, Geoinformatics in Earth Sciences)
- Cartography and Geoinformatics (Thematic Cartography, Mathematics in Cartography, Webcartography, History of Cartography, Toponymy, Geoinformatics in Cartography)
Theoretical courses, laboratory works, field studies.
Outcomes: publications, PhD thesis.
- High scientific quality of the training, personalized research projects.
- Highly qualified professors, academicians, supervisors, experts from the practice.
- Possibilities for multi- and interdisciplinary research.
- Mainstream research theme.
- Cooperative, cohesive research groups.
- Wide range career opportunities.
Students obtaining the PhD degree successfully apply for positions in the academia (universities, research institutes). Another option is for them to find an excellent job in the government (international organizations, ministries, regional and local authorities) or to start a career in the business sector (firms: environmental protection, meteorology, mining, cartography, geo-informatics, urban and regional planning etc ).